Sunday, August 16, 2009

:LIFE: Just a little busy...

August is always a little bittersweet for me...

Fall is my favorite season and I love all that it brings - cooler weather, the start of a new school year for Kaitlin, falling leaves...so on one hand I am looking forward to all of that.

But to get there, I have to get through the few weeks prior and after the start of the new school year at work, which can be quite stressful.

Don't get me wrong...I love my job. Helping students start on their college journey by assisting them with admissions, financial aid and enrollment is fulfilling in many ways. However, it IS a lot of work...especially with the all the last-minute students and issues that seem to materialize during this time frame.

So, if my posting is a bit more sporadic in the coming weeks, I hope you understand.

ON A LIGHTER NOTE:

This morning, to give me a much needed break (and a quite, quite house...nice...), Justin took Kaitlin fishing, which is always a treat for both of them.

(Note Kaitlin's crazy hair...I don't think she bothered to give it a comb after she got out of bed this morning because she was so excited about going fishing!)

Although she can be quite the girly-girly, she sure does love fishing with her dad. She's not afraid of worms either! She's even starting to bait her own hooks!
No surprise...she caught her fair share of fish.

She is also no longer in need of a 'casting daddy'...she does just fine on her own! She could show her mother up any day!

Another catch...

Evidently, she also decided that it was time for her to unhook her own catch this morning as well!

I just LOVE this little fisher-girl!
:LIFE: Just a little busy...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend