Sunday, August 23, 2009

:LIFE: What a week...

Phew...

When I said in my last post that my posts might be a little sporadic, I guess I should have said nonexistent!!

Here's my week in review:

Monday: Work from 8 a.m. to 5:55 p.m. Lunch at my desk. One campus visit, one registration appointment. Get to daycare just in time to pick up Kaitlin before closing time. Home to change. Then back to work until 8:45 p.m.

Tuesday: Work from 8 a.m. to 5: 25 p.m. Lunch at my desk. One registration. Pick up Kaitlin and go home to change. Visit Kaitlin's school for the open house and book fair. Haircuts for Kaitlin and I. Grocery shopping. Home at about 9 p.m.

Wednesday: Kaitlin's 1st day of 1st grade. Early to school to take first day pictures. Kaitlin said, "Mom, I'm scared." Work from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Lunch at my desk. Four registration appointments. Home to change (Justin had picked up Kaitlin). Kaitlin said, "Mom, school was GREAT!!" Back to work until 8:30 p.m.


Thursday: Work from 8 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Lunch at my desk. Transfer/Adult Learner Orientation (about 40-50 of the students I've worked with over the past several months all on campus at the same time!) Three registration appointments. Pick up Kaitlin from after school program. Home to change. Back to work until 8:30 p.m.

Friday: Work from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Day 1 of Freshman Orientation. About 100 traditional freshman moving onto campus. Two registration appointments. Out for annual celebratory drink (or two) with co-workers after move-in day for new fall students. Home at 7:30 p.m. to change and have some supper. Justin, Kaitlin and I go down to the river for the Friday night fireworks to kick off Riverboat Days.

Saturday: Downtown at 6:15 a.m. to help with annual MMC 5K walk-run as part of Riverboat Days. Home by 7:15 a.m. to wake up Kaitlin and get her ready to go to her check in point by 8 a.m. for the Children's Theatre float for the RBD parade. Home to wake up hubby to go to RBD parade. Parade at 9:30 a.m. Down to the river for arts in the park, food and music for a few hours. Home to change. Back to park by 3:30 p.m. for Kaitlin performance at the amphitheatre (they did about half the songs from the School House Rock show from this spring). Found out that the Children's Theatre float won first place in TWO divisions (People's Choice and Non-Profit)! Kaitlin was interviewed by a reporter from the Sioux City Journal. Home to CRASH!

Sunday: Slept in a little (Kaitlin still woke up too early). Couple load of laundry. To the mall at 12 Noon for the craft booths at the mall. Down to the river for more food and music. Home to finish laundry. Found article featuring Kaitlin's quotes on the Sioux City Journal website. Justin wen't out to get the paper. Print version also included a super cute closeup of Kaitlin. Watched a movie - "21" (good movie).

It's Sunday night and I still feeling simply worn out.

Too bad it's back to work (and another crazy week) tomorrow. It might be the first day of school for MMC, but I'm not done registering students yet...wish me luck.
:LIFE: What a week...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend