Thursday, April 28, 2011

:LAYOUT: One of my favorite things

I didn’t really have a photo to go along with this story, so I simply ordered a print of the DVD cover.

The floral paper and vintage-style brands work so well with the time frame of the musical and the colors are perfect as well.

THREE THINGS TO TRY:
1. Use a combination of a decorative rub on and two different styles of alphabet stickers to create your title treatment.
2. Type your journaling and insert a drop cap for a classic look.
3. Use decorative brads to break up blocks of journaling.


Journaling:
I can’t tell you exactly when I first saw the film The Sound of Music with Julie Andrews as Maria, but I can tell you that ever since I did, it’s been one of my favorite musicals of all time. There is just something about Maria and this classic and just makes me want to sing!

Around Christmas 2009, I saw the DVD on sale and thought it was about time that I shared this favorite with Kaitlin, then 7 years old.

So, on one of our days off, we snuggled up together and watched.

Like mother, like daughter…Kaitlin now loves The Sound of Music as well. We’ve watched it a few times together since them and it’s not uncommon to find her humming of singing one of the songs. “Sixteen Going on Seventeen” seems to be her favorite…which is appropriate as it seems as if she is seven going on sixteen a lot of the time!

Hopefully, there will be many other little favorites such as The Sound of Music that we can share and enjoy together as we go through life together.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism
Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants, Making Memories
Rub ons: Basic Grey
Letter Stickers: Making Memories, October Afternoon
Brads: Making Memories
Gems: Paper Studio
Butterfly Punch: EK Success
Corner Punch: Marvy
Ink: Colorbox
Fonts: Floral Dawn, Garamond
:LAYOUT: One of my favorite thingsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend