Tuesday, January 5, 2010

:LAYOUT: fall fun

In true form for my hubby (God bless him), one of his Christmas presents for me was significantly late due to the fact that he didn't place the order until two days before Christmas.

However, he was completely redeemed as soon as the package arrived a week later containing the following:



**the Fiskars That's Amore punches in medium and extra large...



**three SWEET Bazzill Dotted Swiss Trio packs - Cloverleaf, Blissful, and Phoenix...



**these even SWEETER chipboard alphabet stickers by Pink Paislee in four colors - Limeade, Cherry, Licorice, and Berry Blue.

The package included a few other items and some cute papers that had been on my wish list for awhile as well, but I wanted to highlight these three in particular because I put them to use right away on several of the layouts I created this past week.

For example, take a look at this one...



I've never been one for punches other than a few favorite deco edge punches and my oh-so-versitle circle punches, but these hearts punches are simply adorable!! I've used them on four different layouts already!

Also, I love the added texture that the little dots add to the Bazzill cardstock. It was the perfect compliment to the dotted pattern of this patterned paper by Pink Paislee.

Finally, the letters...oh, these letters are just scrumptous. I must admit that I am addicted to my alphabets - especially chipboard ones. I still love AC Thickers, but I think I might like these particular letters even a little bit more (if that's even possible :-))! I've already used every single one of the four colors!!

I created the word art in Photoshop and it reads:
“Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leave fall.” Elizabeth Lawrence

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee
Chipboard: Pink Paislee
Ink: Colorbox
Photo Corner Punch: EK Success
Corner Rounder: Marvy
Circle Punch: Marvy
Scallop Trimmer: Fiskars
Heart Punch: Fiskars
Font: American Typewriter, Aquarelle
:LAYOUT: fall funSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend