Thursday, May 21, 2009

:LAYOUT: Dancing Queen

I don't mean to overload on the dance layouts, but I happened to get my July/August 2009 issue of Memory Makers in the mail today and this layout I created about Kaitlin's first dance class experience last year was published on page 52 as part of the Reader Idea Gallery.

It's a little bittersweet seeing this layout in print since it was recently announced that Memory Makers would also be ceasing publication after the September/October issue. If you didn't already know this, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

This will be the third scrapbooking magazine that has succumbed to our current economic recession.

Digital Scrapbooking was the first. Although I can't say I miss this publication that much personally, I do understand that it certainly filled a need for the growing digital scrapbooking market.

Simple Scrapbooks was the next and I definitely felt the loss on this one. I love Cathy and Wendy and Angie and Stacy (and all the other Simple staffers)...I have to visit their blogs a bit more often to get my Simple fix.

And now Memory Makers...this one hits even closer to home as I have had the privilege to see my pages in print by this magazine more than any other over the past couple of years, so they hold a special place in my heart for giving me that wonderful opportunity.

I am definitely going to miss MM and will have to take a little more time enjoying the final two issues...

Supplies: Adhesive: Duck; Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Basic Grey; Gems: Paper Studio; Ink: Colorbox; Photo Corner Punch: EK Success; Deco Edge Trimmer: Fiskars; Font: Journaling Font
:LAYOUT: Dancing QueenSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend