Wednesday, April 15, 2009

:QUOTES: on PERSEVERANCE by Ben Okri, Thomas Paine, & Joshua J. Marine

Although I have been trying really hard to stay positive, I have been feeling a little down lately with all that has been happening to our family in recent months (husband's loss of job, my broken leg, dealing with insurance companies, etc.)

I get a daily quote in my inbox every day.

I love quotes...

In just the past week, I have gotten the following three quotes...I think someone is trying to tell me something...

BEN OKRI (b. 1959; poet, novelist):
“The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.”

THOMAS PAINE (1737-1809; author, revolutionary, pamphleteer)
“The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection.”

JOSHUA J. MARINE:
“Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”
What do you think?
:QUOTES: on PERSEVERANCE by Ben Okri, Thomas Paine, & Joshua J. MarineSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend