Friday, April 24, 2009

:CROP: My first crop...

Stacy JulianQuite some time ago I heard about an upcoming crop in a town only a couple hours away from where I live at which both Stacy Julian and Wendy Smedley would be speaking and teaching.

At first, I thought for sure that I must have heard wrong because I live in South Dakota and I don't think we've ever had a 'celebrity' scrapper even enter our state before let alone speak/teach at a crop. But, I checked out the website and sure enough, there they were in the presenters list!

I was thrilled!

Now, I have been scrapping for about seven years now and I have never been to a crop. Wendy Smedley

Yup, you heard right...never been to a crop. (I think that is somewhat of a sacrilege for a serious scrapper, isn't it?)

The main reason I've never gone to a crop is that I always felt a little overwhelmed in terms of knowing what to take. I have a lot of stuff and I'm the type of scrapper that never really knows what's going to end up on a layout until I'm in the thick of it, ya know.

Despite all this, I knew that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet and learn from Stacy and Wendy, so I recruited my sister and a couple of her scrapbooking friends to share the crop table and hotel costs and we all signed up! (And thank goodness 'cause I'm certainly going to need the help since I'm likely to still be on crutches...dumb things!)

So, in just a couple weeks, I will be attending my first ever crop!

I'm feeling both excited and anxious.

The excited part is obvious.

The anxious part is due to the fact that I have to try to figure out what to pack!

The first step was having something to pack in considering very little of my current storage solutions can be considered 'mobile'.

But, I think I found just the thing...or at least the start of it...and if you'll follow me on my journey of my first ever crop, I'll be sharing with you the shopping, the packing and the experience of my very first crop with all of you here on my blog in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned!!
:CROP: My first crop...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend