Saturday, January 17, 2009

:WINTER 2009 CHA SNEAK PEAK: New Fiskars border punches...

I was never much of a gal for border punches...until Fiskars came out with the Threading Water border punch a while back. I knew I had to have it and yet I wondered if I would really USE it...or would it be one of those tools that just gathers dust (like my Fastenator).

It took me a while to find it (I ended up getting it at Michael's), but I can honestly that no dust has settled on that little wonder!

Now, Fiskars is adding more great edge options to its border punch line. I have shown them in the order of my most to least favorite.

Upper Crest:
This one is most certainly my favorite...I can't wait to get my hands on this one!



Scallop Sentiment:
Ever since I got the Threading Water punch, I've said "How nice would it be to have one exactly like this except without the holes?" Well, I guess Fiskars heard me talking to myself and thought it would be cool also.


I did just get this new Fiskars trimmer that came with this WONDERFUL scalloped blade for Christmas, but I think I'm still going to want this punch because these scallops (I'm guessing) are larger than those created by the blade.

Everyone knows that different projects require different sizes of scallops, right?

Apron Lace:
I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this one. It reminds me a little of some of the decorative edged Creative Cafe papers I've seen although it's not quite the same. I think I'd need to see the result in person to decide if I want this one for sure.


Boundary Waters:
Although cute, I tend to like tools that are more general and can be used for a variety of topics. Since we don't live near an ocean and don't frequent our lake much, I just don't think I'd get as much use as I would want for the price I'd pay for it.

READER RESPONSE:

:WINTER 2009 CHA SNEAK PEAK: New Fiskars border punches...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend