Tuesday, June 17, 2008

:PUBBED: Creating Keepsakes July 2008 Issue

So, as a scrapper, there nothing more exciting than getting a magazine issue in the mail in which one of your layouts has been published.

This happened to me the other day when I received the July 2008 issue of CK in my mailbox. My mailman made me a very happy woman that day! :-)

This is my first time being published by CK, so it is especially thrilling for me!

Here's the layout which is featured on page 25 as part of the Seasonal Solutions column:

Although I love this layout, it has got to one of the simplest I've made in a VERY LONG TIME - cardstock, one patterned paper, letter stickers, photos, journaling.

The fact that this layout got picked up taught me a very valuable lesson about submitting.

In the past, I have bypassed submitting certain layouts because they weren't my favorite or I thought that there was nothing 'special' about them or perhaps were too simple. The funny thing is that you never know what might stand out to an editor - a design, a color combination, a theme, a creative use of words or product...you just never know.

So, if you're dreaming of publication - SUBMIT and SUBMIT some more. Regardless of what your perception of a layout is.

Submitting can be as frustrating as it is exhilarating. If you haven't yet submitted for publication, what's holding you back? If you have submitted, what has been your experience - both positive and negative?
:PUBBED: Creating Keepsakes July 2008 IssueSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend