Wednesday, June 18, 2008

:LIFE: Tabor Czech Days

Tabor Czech Days kicks off tomorrow night with the Bluebirds game, fireworks and carnival. We've been looking forward to it for quite a few weeks and it will be over too quickly, I'm sure.

You can read a little on our experiences at the past couple of Czech Days celebrations as well as see a few layouts I've created to commemorate the event here , here (2006), here, and here (2007).

I also wrote about the California camera crew that filmed in Tabor for a week surrounding the event thanks to Tabor native Aesli Grandi last year. Well, those hours of film turned into an hour long documentary called "Tabor: A Little Czech Town on the American Prairie" which was written and directed by Aesli. It is set to premiere at this year's celebration - running Thursday through Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and Sunday at 12:30 p.m. at Opsahl-Kostel Funeral Home.

Aesli was younger than me, but I know her and her family well. It was actually her mother that lent me the Czech Days outfit that Kaitlin wore to Czech Days when she was only 5 days old! If you clicked on the link above, you saw the pictures! It is so exciting to see someone from our tiny little town achieve so much at such a young age.

Kaitlin wants to be in the Kiddie Parade on Saturday again this year, but I've yet to come up with some catchy little idea, so we'll see. (If you have any ideas...simple ideas since I'm short on time...please let me know.) If she does go through, I'm sure there will be picture to share! :-)
:LIFE: Tabor Czech DaysSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend