Friday, June 13, 2008

:LIFE: Tell me a story...

Kaitlin has always really enjoyed a good story. She's got a couple shelves worth of hard cover books in her room plus a few baskets full of softcover books.

Even though it doesn't happen every night, I've been reading to her since she was probably about 6 months old and am always on the lookout for unique books.

This book is called Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? and it is the cutest story. Every little girl should have a copy.

It's one that I picked up for her while on a business trip a couple of years ago. I was in some middle-of-nowhere town in Nebraska (I think it was Broken Bow) and found this cute little shop with great children's toys and books. Good find...

Lately, she loves to have me read the story and then she'll 'read' the story to me. Sometimes, she gets it pretty darn close to the actual story and sometimes she takes the story along an entirely different path...on purpose...and it is so fun to see where her imagination takes her.

:LIFE: Tell me a story...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend