Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Comment Policy

Now that I have been blogging as well as reading and commenting on others’ blogs for a while now, I have discovered that there is a wide range in the way that readers use a blogs comment section and also the way in which bloggers respond to their comments. So, I thought I would post a quick note as to my policy on commenting.

I LOVE getting comments on this blog!
Number 1 – It’s makes me feel better that I spend time blogging if I know someone is actually reading it and, hopefully, enjoying a post every now and then. Number 2 – I love the sense of community that a good base of commenters can create. Number 3 – I have found some great new friends and blogs by following the links left by someone who leaves a comment.

If you comment, I will respond.
I will do my utmost to respond to each and every comment left on this blog. However, I will do so within the comments here as not every person has a blog on which to leave a comment and emails are not always readily available. So, when you comment, be sure to click the box to receive follow-up comments.

I am just fine with relevant links.
If you’re leaving a comment on my blog and want to point to a link on your own or
someone else’s site that is relevant to the topic then please feel free to do so. This adds to the conversation and improves the blog. The operative work here is ‘relevant’. Irrelevant links are not encouraged. (Note: HTML is not automatically recognized in blogger comments, so if you do not know how to leave a link within blogger comments, please email me and I will tell you how.)

I delete spam.
No one likes spam…enough said.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Otherwise, happy commenting!!
My Comment PolicySocialTwist Tell-a-Friend