Friday, December 21, 2007

It's official...

Kaitlin is now our little actress!!

The list was scheduled to be up today and I couldn't wait to go check it out! I went right after work to see if she was on the list...and so I could prepare myself for her if she wasn't on it. I don't know why I wanted her to be chosen so badly, but I sure did.

There were about 70 children cast for this production of Beauty and the Beast and at first I didn't see her name...my heart sank...but then there it was!! She was cast as a 'Village Child'. No, surely not a huge part, but not a bad start for a child who's never auditioned for anything before and was one of the youngest to do so.

I went to pick her up from school and took her back to the theatre and check out the list. I didn't tell her I already knew she had been cast and made her search for her name.

She was beaming when she found it! How exciting! There is a meeting scheduled for next week to find out more details.

She had another exciting occurrence the other evening.

I had to do a day trip for work on Wednesday and as I was waiting in the college car for Justin and Kaitlin to come pick me up I was listening to the local radio station. Santa was at the radio station and he was taking calls from children.

So, as soon as they pulled up, I dialed the number and Kaitlin got to talk to Santa and could hear herself on the radio. She requested the Baby Alive (again!) and was pretty excited.

Gotta love the holidays and all the magic it holds for children!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's official...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend