Wednesday, April 18, 2007

This is why I don't like to watch the news...

My husband loves to watch all those dooms day programs on Discovery. You know the ones...they're always about the next ice age, the meteorite that going to obliterate earth, or the next biblical flood. He makes fun of me because I don't like to watch them. But who really wants to think about those things and how they might effect us (or our poor children) sometime in the future?? I sure don't.

But Mother Nature's wrath is one thing...the wrath of one human against another (or many) is another. These are the things that make me not want to even watch the local news anymore:

First, there was our local story on the trial of Daphne Wright who killed another woman and dismembered her with a chain saw (over a girlfriend). She could have been the first woman on death row in South Dakota, but today jurors sentenced her to life in prison.

Last week, a teen (Nicole Marie Beecroft) from our neighboring state of Minnesota was charged with killing her newborn child by stabbing it 135 times after giving birth in her home.

And, then, we have the Virginia Tech shooting.

I just don't understand what could possibly motivate anyone to do such heinous things...I don't even know what else to say...
This is why I don't like to watch the news...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend