Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring is coming...

Boy, I haven't been posting much lately. Had a couple really crazy weeks and it's just taking more a bit to 'snap back', I think. I've been feeling very unmotivated about everything it seems lately.

But, this morning, Kaitlin and I came outside to leave for school/work and it smelled like spring. It was cool, but not cold, and there was just a hint of rain in the air. I love that smell...first time I've smelled it this year, I think, and it spruced me up a bit. I've been feeling a little better today - definitely ready for spring.

With that said, here's a quote to ponder about spring:
"Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.”
Sarah Ban Breathnach
I read this and realized I've been 'down' about a lot of things lately...all the illness and death around us, stresses at home and work...I haven't even felt like scrapping for quite a while. But, really, there is so much to be thankful for and I have to make myself remember that. And for the things that aren't 'perfect'...well, I just have to remind myself that 'dry seasons' don't last forever.
Spring is coming...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend