Thursday, March 22, 2007

American Idol commentary...

It's been a couple weeks since I've commented on the progress of American Idol...but I have been watching. This show really is a guilty pleasure for me, but even that has become a little tainted. I am more than a little frustrated that a certain 'idol' (Sanjaya Malakar) hasn't been kicked off yet. He was one that I felt should have been the first to go out of the top 24 and here he is...in the TOP 10! I just can't believe it!! His performance on Tuesday night was practically painful to watch. It was odd because the judges have always been pretty blunt with him (in that he wasn't very good - or at least not good enough to go any further), but that night Randy and Paula were almost positive...I'm convinced it was pure pity setting in. Simon was that only one that seemed to see his performance as hideous...which it was...

So, I'm thinking...is this kid's family rich or something? Did he buy off a few pacific islands to vote for him? No, I think I found the answer...Vote for the Worst. It's a movement that actually is encouraging people to vote for the WORST singer. It's all making a little more sense now...like how Kevin Covais made it so far in Season 5.

I just feel so bad for the ones that have gone home before they should have...like Stephanie Edwards and Brandon Rogers. Granted, they probably wouldn't have made it to the top 3 or 4, but definitely deserved to stay more than Sanjaya.

Here's my plea...DON'T vote for the worst! DON'T vote for Sanjaya. Vote for you FAVORITE and let the show work the way it supposed to!

DON'T VOTE FOR THE WORST!!
American Idol commentary...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend