Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Post-holiday blues...

I don't know about anybody else, but I am definitely feeling a little bit of the post-holiday blues. The Christmas tree is down, decorations put away, the last of the 'late holiday' get-to-gethers are over.

I ran across this fun quiz that a friend sent me before the holidays and it perked me up a bit. Of course, I didn't have the forwithitness to post it at Christmastime, but better late than never, right!! I am also thinking that this would be great inspiration for a scrapbook page or mini book...or could be used just as it is for a fun form of journaling...hmmm...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? WRAP – but he’s a little behind on his duties this year (nothing is wrapped yet!!) (when originally answered it was only 10 days till Christmas!!)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? WHITE

4. Do you hang mistletoe? NO

5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving Weekend

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Can’t pick a favorite…love it all…ham, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, sweet potatoes, shrimp and veggies for appetizers….mmmmmmmmmmm

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: opening presents on Christmas Eve and then going to Midnight Mass (back when it was actually at Midnight); when I was really little - wrapping obscure household items (junk really) for my dad on Christmas morning for my dad – he always acted surprised and like it was the best gift he had ever received

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don’t remember…it must not have been too tramatic

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? It’s always been Christmas Eve at my house and gifts from Santa on Christmas morning and Justin’s family has always been a Christmas morning family, so now Kaitlin gets a butt load of presents on both Christmas Eve AND Christmas morning…what a lucky girl!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights, burgundy & cream ball ornaments, glass icicles and snowflake ornaments, silver bows and some scattered sentimental ornaments received from family over the years.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Intermediate…love it at Christmas time…but never in large amounts or dangerous conditions

12. Can you ice skate? NO – would probably break my neck!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, but I remember the most memorable gift I DIDN’T get…one year my brother and I did some snooping and found a Smurf’s Color-by-Number set and I was convinced it was mine….but Scott opened it up on Christmas Eve – I was so mad I think I cried!!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Always – being with family; especially now – sharing the magic of the season with Kaitlin

Let's prolong the holiday, shall we? Feel free to fill in your answers and share with me!
Post-holiday blues...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend