Thursday, June 23, 2011

:LAYOUT: A Wonderful Summertime Tradition

This past weekend was my hometown's annual celebration of our Czech heritage (Czech Days) and, of course, Kaitlin and I took part in the festivities on Thursday and Friday including a baseball game, fireworks, a parade, carnival rides, ethnic food and more.

A highlight this year was that the last play of the game was a home run and Kaitlin got the ball. She ran out onto the field with her uncle Lee to get the ball signed by the hitter and was SO excited. She even left her daddy a note on the bathroom cupboard to wake her up when he got home from work at 4 a.m. (he works nights) just so that she could tell him about it!

Here's a layout I created last year highlighting our favorite entries in the big parade on Friday.

I used a standard 4x6 photo as the focal photo and then created several 4x6 collage prints (with four photos each) to highlight our favorite entries in the parade. This is a great way to include lots of pics on one layout.

(click for a larger view)

Instead of a THREE THINGS TO TRY with this layout, I'd like to encourage a little discussion with an "I'M CURIOUS" instead.

I'M CURIOUS:
This year, I opted to NOT take my camera along as I have SO MANY pictures of Czech Days over the years. Do you ever purposely leave your camera at home? If so, when do you tend to make this decision and why? Do you ever regret it or feel guilty about not filling the role of family photographer?

Journaling:
Summertime just wouldn’t be complete without Czech Days for this family. June 2010

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism
Patterned Paper, Stickers, Journaling Block: Echo Park
Pen: Bic
Circle Rounder: Marvy
Scallop Trimmer: Fiskars
:LAYOUT: A Wonderful Summertime TraditionSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend