Thursday, June 9, 2011

:LAYOUT: Celebrate

I can't quite believe it, but my little girl turns NINE today!! What can I say...she is growing up WAY TOO FAST for my taste!

I'm taking the day off work today to help her celebrate. I'm not sure exactly what we're going to do yet - picnic in the park...afternoon movie at the theater...perhaps - but that's have the fun of it, right? We'll just have to see where the day takes us...

We also have an annual little backyard barbecue get-together with family to celebrate and we are getting ready for that this weekend, so I thought I'd share a layout today that highlighted last year's party.

THREE THINGS TO TRY:

1. Create a long strip of photos in various widths (but the same height) that spans the width of a two page layout.

2. Use a circle punch to create a base for journaling and other embellishments on your page.

3. Don't by scared...handwrite your journaling.

(click for a larger view)

Journaling:
2010 ~ Kaitlin’s birthday is always a great excuse to celebrate with family. Kaitlin looks forward to the festivities each year – great food, fun and, of course, a few gifts!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Unknown
Patterned Paper: Echo Park, October Afternoon, Fancy Pants
Sticker: Echo Park
Rub ons: Fancy Pants
Chipboard: Basic Grey
Pen: Bic
Circle Punch: Marvy
Corner Rounder: Marvy
:LAYOUT: CelebrateSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend