Tuesday, May 17, 2011

:LAYOUT: Beautiful Dancer

Kaitlin just had her dance recital's this past weekend. She performed with her dance team class during the Saturday afternoon performance and with her tap class during the Sunday afternoon performance.

I must admit...I LOVE watching her dance and honestly can't wait to watch her grow and learn in this area. Each year, I watch the Senior dancers perform their solos and dream about it being Kaitlin up there one day...although, I don't want it to come too fast...I can wait. :-)

Anyway, all this dancing prompted the layout I'm sharing with you today. This is from her ballet class in 2009-2010.

I have basically stopped submitting layouts recently (just too time consuming), but I was lucky enough to have this particular layout in the February 2011 issue of Scrapbook News & Review.

THREE THINGS TO TRY:
1. Use left-over chipboard sheets (often comes with paper orders and saves your pop dots for smaller items) to 'lift' large elements (as I did with my focal photo) off the page.

2. Embellish a rub on design with gems to give it some extra pizazz.

3. Create a leading line with a variety of elements on you layout to help guide the viewer's eye as I did here with the left edge of the patterned paper strips, title treatment, and gem/butterfly grouping starting at the bottom left and moving to the top right corners of my layout.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper, Rub Ons: Bo Bunny
Letter Stickers: Making Memories
Chipboard Letters: American Crafts
Gems: Doodlebug Designs
Butterflies: Jenni Bowlin
Scalloped Trimmer: Fiskars
Photo Corner Punch: EK Success
Ink: Colorbox
Pen: Zig
:LAYOUT: Beautiful DancerSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend