Wednesday, April 20, 2011

:QUOTES: on EARTH according to Carson, Gibran, Keats & Lubbock

I endeavored to find three quotes in honor of of our lovely planet as Earth Day is Friday, April 22nd and found so many that I loved that I couldn't seem to limit myself to my usual three.

So, here are my favorite four.

RACHEL CARSON:
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."

KAHLIL GIBRAN:
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."

JOHN KEATS:
"The poetry of the earth is never dead."

JOHN LUBBOCK:
"Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books."

READER RESPONSE:
Vote for your favorite quote and I'll create a word art freebie with the 'winning' quote to share with you sometime next week. In the meantime, check out my other word art downloads.
:QUOTES: on EARTH according to Carson, Gibran, Keats & LubbockSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend