Tuesday, February 22, 2011

:BOOKSHELF: 2010 Reading List...

As I've said earlier, I am going to start sharing the books I'm reading with you as I read them...partly to keep a better record of what I've read and partly to keep my motivation for reading going. I have always been a book lover, but there have been several long periods over the years where I lost my reading motivation.

I've got it back and want to keep it.

I've also discovered that many other scrapbookers tend to be big readers as well. After all, we do love a good story, don't we. So, who better to share my reads with but you!?

I so enjoyed sharing my 2009 reading list and the comments that stemmed from it. I also got a couple great recommendations that I've already added to my list.

So, to catch up, here's my reading list for 2010...

  1. Half Broke Horses: A True-Life Novel by Jeannette Walls
  2. The Good Mother: A Novel by Sue Miller
  3. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan: A Novel by Lisa See
  4. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  5. Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
  6. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
  7. We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates
  8. Say You're One of Them by Uwen Akpan
  9. Where the River Ends by Charles Martin
Honestly, I have to say that I am not as 'in-love' with my list of 2010 reads as I was with those in 2009.

However, there are some definite standouts. My three favorites (and the ones that I did love) were Half Broke Horses: A True-Life NovelThe Good Mother: A Novel, and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan: A Novel.

I was especially disappointed with The Awakening and Where the River Ends. I thought I'd give Chopin's classic a go, but just couldn't get into it and I nearly didn't finish Where the River Ends at all.

The others fall somewhere in between.

LET'S TALK:
See any titles you recognize? What did you think? Do you have favorites among this list.
:BOOKSHELF: 2010 Reading List...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend