Tuesday, November 23, 2010

:LAYOUT: Thankful For

The general design of the layout of this page was actually inspired by a American Express ad that I saw in a magazine.

I love the way that the photo on the right is balanced by the journaling on the right. Just as the floral transparency on the bottom left is balanced a bit by the date frame on the upper right.

For this journaling, I simply asked Kaitlin to tell me some of the things she was thankful for and she gave me quite a list! I did fill in a few extras that I know were also favorites of hers at the time the layout was created.

A fun way to break up journaling is to use a mix of fonts.

(Click to see a larger view.)

Journaling:
THANKFUL FOR:
apples; great friends; turkey sandwiches; sun; all my family; good teachers; summer; macaroni & cheese; warm clothes; books; The Disney Channel; green vegetables; water; crayons & markers; vanilla ice cream; shelter; girlsgamesclub.com; SunnyD; Christmas; the colors blue, green & pink; friendly animals; Fruit Loops; art & drawing; my blankie; God, Jesus & Mary; dance; swimming pools; orange juice; juicy watermelon; school

Supplies:
Cardstock: Prism
Patterned Paper: My Mind’s Eye
Transparency Frame: Fancy Pants
Chipboard: Pebbles
Ink: Colorbox
Corner Rounder: Marvy
Font: Advantage, American Typewriter, Awuarelle
:LAYOUT: Thankful ForSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend