Tuesday, August 31, 2010

:LAYOUT: 1st Grade Jitters

Kaitlin's now a couple of weeks into her 2nd grade year and things are going great so far! I hope she always loves school as much as she does right now!

Here's a layout I created with her 1st day pictures last year.

This is a great, simple layout for showcasing standard 4x6 photos.

The bright, ‘bubbly’ feel of the patterned paper fit well with the excitement and jitters of the 1st day of school.

The rub on spanning the center of the two pages connects them and draws the eye across the page.

 Glittered brads accent numerous circles for a little extra punch.


Journaling:
This was your fourth ‘first day’ of school. You’ve gone through the first day of preschool, Jr. Kindergarten and Kindergarten…I’d have thought you’d be an old pro at this by now…but this year was a little different.

As school drew near, you kept telling me, “Mom, I’m scared.”

Maybe you had a sense that this year was going to be just a little different than what you’d experienced so far.

I just kept assuring you that everything was going to be JUST FINE and the first day came before we knew it.

You had the first day outfit, new shoes and new back pack…you were all set when I dropped you off that morning.

I thought of you many times throughout that day…wondering how everything was going.

However, when I picked you up after school that day, I quickly found there was no reason for worry.

When I asked you how your day was, you said without hesitation, “Mom, it was GREAT!!”

No more 1st grade jitters for you!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Imaginisce
Chipboard: Basic Grey, Imaginisce
Letter Stickers: Making Memories
Rub ons: Imaginisce
Brads: We R Memory Keepers, Doodlebug
Paint: Craft Smart
Corner Rounder: Marvy
Font: American Typewriter
:LAYOUT: 1st Grade JittersSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend