Thursday, June 17, 2010

:LAYOUT: Czech Darlings

Tabor Czech Days starts tonight with a Tabor Bluebirds baseball game, fireworks and the opening of the midway rides. Woohoo!!

For us Czechs (I'm 100%, Kaitlin is 50%), Czech Days is a BIG deal! (You can read more about past Czech Days - at least since I've had this blog - here.)

Here's a layout that I completed after last year's celebration. We had some visiting relatives which made it extra special and Kaitlin had a great time celebrating her heritage with her cousin.

I cut the die-cut patterned paper down slightly to leave a clean background for the title to span the top of the page.

The strip across the center hides the seam and also helps to anchor the photos and the lines on the paper serve as the perfect place to hand write the journaling for this page.

The calendar block is from a set of my very own design.


Journaling:
This year Kaitlin’s second cousin Kierstyn came to visit us over Czech Days with her mom, Traci.

It was Kierstyn’s first time experiencing Czech Days and I certainly felt a little bit of déjà vu as I watched them enjoy this annual celebration together like Traci and I had several times when we were kids.

On Saturday, the two girls decided to go through the Kiddie Parade and had a great time ‘Fishing for Kolaches!’

Kierstyn was so proud to be wearing a traditional Czech costume for the very first time!

Supplies:
Adhesive: Duck
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Making Memories, Jenni Bowlin
Letter Stickers: Jenni Bowlin
Calendar Block: my own design
Border Punch: Fiskars
Ink: Colorbox
Pen: Zig
:LAYOUT: Czech DarlingsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend