Friday, April 23, 2010

:LAYOUT: Sweet Thing

This was one of my daughter’s FAVORITE dresses and wanted to wear it every chance she got, so I wanted to be sure to highlight it well.

I had this picture both in color and sepia, so decided to layer a cropped portion of the color photo over the full-sized sepia version for an interesting effect.

Then I placed the sticker I used for my title over the rest of the photo.

Initially, I wanted to use a rub on journaling spot on the painted butterfly, but for some reason it didn’t want to transfer well, so I created the effect myself using a paint pen.


Journaling:
Like star dust glistening on fairies' wings,
Little girls dreams are of magical things.
~ Sherry Larson

Supplies:
Adhesive: Duck, Stamp Craft (foam)
Patterned Paper, Title Sticker, Love Butterfly: Little Yellow Bicycle
Chip Butterfly: Scenic Route
Rub On: Basic Grey
Ink: Colorbox
Paint: Craft Smart
Font: Ali’s Writing
Paint Pen: Sharpie
Pen: Zig
Corner Rounder: Marvy
:LAYOUT: Sweet ThingSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend