Sunday, November 15, 2009

:FIVE FAVES: Giving thanks...

This time of year always has me looking forward to a little extra time off work, quality time spent with family and, of course, some really great home-cooked meals!

I've realized that in all the years I've been scrapping, I've never really done a 'Thanksgiving' layout, so I certainly have hopes of rectifying this creative omission this year and there are certainly plenty of cozy family and food inspired products out there right now to act as inspiration!

I love all the rich colors in the Bo Bunny Kitchen Spice collection! The turquoise is the perfect unexpected, yet beautiful, twist to the color scheme. While the 12x12 sheet of patterned paper above is my favorite, I really do love the entire collection!



#2 - BasicGrey - Nook and Pantry Collection - Rub Ons - What's Cookin' - Brown
While most of the colors from BG's Nook and Pantry collections might be a little too bright and summery for a traditional Thanksgiving layout, the sentiments and shapes on this set of rub ons in brown are perfect for any layout featuring a festive feast!



If you remember, I featured one of the 12x12 transparencies from this same line in my :FIVE FAVES: Fabulous fall finds not so long ago. The collection would work equally as well for Thankgiving-themed layouts! These word and phrase cardstock stickers are a great way to add a little extra.

 

#4 - Little Yellow Bicycle - Say What Collection - Journal Tablet - Gratitude
Journaling is often the hardest part of a layout for many scrappers. Use these journal starters (also by LYB) to get you going on documenting what you are grateful for this year.



#5 - Making Memories - Tiny Alphabet Stickers - Brown Ledger
I can't tell you how many times these little mini-alphas have saved the day for me! They are equally fun when used in titles, journaling, labels or captions - play around! The brown ledger shade is the perfect shade for this time of year!

For more favorites, see the :: THANKSGIVING PICKS :: list in the right sidebar!

READER RESPONSE:
What Thanksgiving-themed product has you swooning with gratitude?
:FIVE FAVES: Giving thanks...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend