Friday, September 11, 2009

:LIFE: Where were you...

...on September 11, 2001?

I remember where I was.

I was fairly new to my job as an enrollment counselor and out on my very first recruitment trip.

I had stayed the night of the 10th in a little town called Ainsworth, NE because there was a college fair scheduled at the high school the following morning.

I hadn't watched the news that morning, but when I arrived at the high school at about 9:30 a.m. that morning, many of the other counselors were already buzzing with the news.

The fair went on, but we were all wondering if the fair scheduled for later that night in Broken Bow, NE was cancelled - it wasn't. We all spent the day watching the news in disbelief.

We were also all a little concerned considering they had announced that the President had been flown into Nebraska - exactly where we all were.

Thankfully, we all made it through the fair and safely home again.

It's hard to believe that this event took place eight years ago. Considering the effects we still see on our society today, it sure still seems a whole lot more 'recent'.

READER RESPONSE:
Where were you on September 11th, 2001??
:LIFE: Where were you...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend