Friday, August 7, 2009

:LAYOUT: The Artisan

In a couple weeks, we have our annual community festival - Riverboat Days. It's filled with fun activities...a parade, arts in the park, fireworks, music and more. (You can see pics from last year here.)

I always look forward to it.

This was a layout I completed with a couple pics I took while taking in the arts in the park last year.

I thought the kraft, die-cut paper added a certain ‘craftsman’ flair to the layout and supports the theme. The circle shaped paper and sticker mimic the shape of the bowl in the photos and the strips break up the journaling and allow the photo to show through better.

Journaling:
Even though I don’t usually make any purchases, I still like to walk through all the craft booths during Yankton’s annual Riverboat Days.

This year there was a man making pottery next to his booth and it was quite captivating to watch him. Even Kaitlin didn’t want to leave his booth until he was finished with this bowl. Pottery is one craft that I’ve always wanted to try…maybe someday I’ll give it a spin.

Supplies:
Adhesive: Duck
Cardstock: DCWV
Patterned Paper, Letter Stickers, Circle Sticker: Creative Imaginations
Rub ons: Making Memories
Ink: Colorbox
Font: Cambria
:LAYOUT: The ArtisanSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend