Tuesday, May 26, 2009

:LIFE: My little girl's last day of Kindergarten...

Even though she's nearly seven, it's still hard for me to believe that my little girl finished Kindergarten last Friday.

Already, I am so glad that we decided to start her off with preschool and then Jr. K last year even though she would have technically been old enough to go straight into Kindergarten then.

She's growing up too fast as it is...

On Tuesday, I went in for my usual every-other-Tuesday volunteer hour and stayed a little longer for the special 'A Day in Kindergarten' program that they had planned for the parents.

We got a peek into what their days in Kindergarten looked like...

...practicing their writing skills...

...enjoying a little physical activity in PE...

...acting out their favorite stories...

...enjoying a school lunch...what you don't see is the slice of kiwi because Kaitlin snatched those up before I had a chance to take this picture. My girl likes her fruit!

We were also sure to get the end-of-year photo with her teacher as well. She has commented several times over the past week that she is really going to miss Mrs. Neu.

On Thursday I got to help out again for a little while when the two Kindergarten classes took a field trip to a nearby park.

Kaitlin's hair is notorious for slide static.

I saw her go across the monkey bars without help for the first time and was more than a little nervous about it, but she made it just fine.


It turned out a little on the cool side that day, but that didn't stop any of the kids from enjoying their freezies!


This will be Kaitlin's first year that she will return to the same school in the fall and she is super excited about going back in the fall as a 1st grader to a familiar school and friendly faces!

But for now, she's ready to enjoy her summer and get in lots of pool time!

:LIFE: My little girl's last day of Kindergarten...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend