Monday, September 22, 2008

:PUBBED: A request and some goodies in the mail...

I have been submitting to Scrapbook Trends for years now and it was just this past July that I got my first email from them requesting a layout for publication.

I was thrilled beyond measure!! It is always exciting to get one of those emails and even more so when it is from a magazine that you have not previously been pubbed in.

So, when I got another request from ST last week, I was a little surprised...but definitely pleased. They chose one of the layouts that I did of Kaitlin preparing her Valentines for publication in their February 2009 issue! Woohoo!! It is already prepped and off in the mail.

I will share the layout once the issue is released.

In other pubbed news, I received my first requested layout back from Scrapbooking & Cards Today in the mail along with two advance copies of the issue and some scrapbooking goodies. In the fall issue (which should be out soon), you will find a double page layout I did of Kaitlin in her witch costume last year. I hope to share it soon.

Some magazines pay cash for publication and others compensate in the form of product and S&CT happens to be one of the latter.

I have to say that I was impressed with the amount of product (about $40 worth!) that I got and can't wait to play with the fun goodies...

These brand new papers by Bo Bunny will be perfect for some of the fall pictures I hope to take this year. The line is called Beautiful Life.


Bo Bunny Press - Beautiful Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Beautiful Life Dots, BRAND NEW
Scrapbook.com


Bo Bunny Press - Beautiful Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Beautiful Life Collage, BRAND NEW
Scrapbook.com

I also got several new papers from the Kelly Panacci Collection, but these were my favorites.


Sandylion - Kelly Panacci Collection - 12x12 Paper - Around the Corner
Scrapbook.com


I also got these awesome new stamps by My Sentiments Exactly.

I'm not much of a stamper, but I think I might be able to have some fun with these!
:PUBBED: A request and some goodies in the mail...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend