Monday, July 28, 2008

:LIFE: She was surprised...

I was too busy to post this weekend.

I wasn't feeling the best on Friday and was praying that I wasn't coming down with anything because Saturday was my sister's SURPRISE Bachelorette Party.

Her friend Mel and I had been planning for months and her friends Teresa and Sarah also helped out with some decorations and games...she's got some great friends. We planned an overnight extravaganza in Sioux Falls and had a blast.

Mel lured her to the hotel where we were staying thinking that she was going to a party for someone else and as soon as she walked in the door, we showered her with a bachelorette sash, bride-to-be tiara, leis and, of course, some alcohol! :-)

We had some pizza and then headed out on the town. Mel and I were the designated DD's for the night so we had to drink light, but none of the girls got too out of control (which impressed me for a bunch of 20-somethings)...except for my sister! But it was her party after all, so I guess that was the point - and she had the seven of us to keep an eye on her so all was well.

It was a LATE night for me - probably 3:30 a.m. or so before I actually got to sleep, but it was a good time. In the end, I think everyone had a great time and I'm so glad that we were actually able to surprise my sister. Pretty much everyone knew what was going on except her.

Once I got home early yesterday afternoon, I spent the majority of the day getting ready for our rummage this coming weekend. I got a lot of stuff organized and priced, but still have a bit to do and this week is a little crazy. I'll get it all done somehow.

:LIFE: She was surprised...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend