Tuesday, July 22, 2008

:LAYOUT: Wishes for my Daughter

This layout was actually one that I had entered as part of my submission for the Memory Makers Master '08 contest. I wasn't at all surprised that I didn't get a Masters call, but it is still great to see one of my submissions in print.

This one was on page 103 of the MM Scrapbook Idea Gallery 2008.


Supplies:
CardstockBazzill, DCWV
Patterned Paper – Basic Grey
Ribbon – Offray
Gems – Bead Party
Transparency – Office Supply
Fonts – Ariel, Beautiful

Journaling:
~ I wish for you to always see the beauty in nature. ~ I wish for you to forever find joy in dancing and to someday find a partner who makes you feel as though you’re the only couple on the floor. ~ I wish that good fortune and reasonable caution work together to keep you safe in a violent world. ~ I wish that someday you discover a calling for which you are so passionate that it is impossible to tell where work and life cross over. ~ I wish that just once you fall in love so hard with the wrong person that the ride is worth the fall. ~ I wish that despite that fall, you find a wonderful man to marry with a great sense of humor, who adores you and will help you to learn the meaning of true and lasting love. ~ I wish for you to enjoy good health. ~ I wish for you to spend your life in the company of great music, good books and loyal friends. ~ I wish for you to know the value of a dollar. ~ I wish for you to never let material possessions take precedence over the people you love. ~ I wish for you to find a community of faith in which you feel at home. ~ I wish for you to discover it’s more important to be purposeful than happy, and more important to be happy than rich. ~ I wish for you to have at least one child, so you can forgive me my mistakes as a mother just a little bit easier. ~ I wish for you to always have the strength to do what is right, even when it is not the easy road to follow. ~ I wish that you continue to regard flavorful food (in moderation) as one of the great pleasures of life, but to never have to worry about your weight. ~ I wish for you to have many wonderful adventures involving passports, cross-country trips and once-in-a-lifetime sights. ~ I wish for you to hold onto your independent spirit and generous heart. ~ I wish that you always know you can count on your parents` unconditional love, even when we drive you mind-numbingly crazy. ~ I wish you peace and bliss. ~

Comments & Techniques:
I used the rule of thirds to place emphasis on the photo of the eyes and a scripted type and varying shades of blue to highlight key words and phrases. The gems separate each wish and also add a touch of sparkle to the page.
:LAYOUT: Wishes for my DaughterSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend