Wednesday, July 9, 2008

:LAYOUT: 'K'

Here's the first of the four layouts published in the recent Memory Makers Scrapbook Idea Gallery 2008 issue on page 33.

Although I like all four layouts chosen, this one is my favorite.

Supplies
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Creative Imaginations
Rub ons: Basic Grey
Font: Georgia, Susie’s Hand
Paint: Apple Barrell
Staples: Office Supply
Square Punch, Corner Rounder: Marvy

Journaling:
Kaitlin’s spirit inspires me each and every day! Her smiles are precious and her laugh is contagious. She finds wonder in the ordinary and believes in the fanciful side of life. I am so proud that she seems to be growing into an insightful young girl that thinks of others and not just of herself. She is so conscious of others’ feelings, that she won’t choose favorites...not even in jest...she loves everyone in her family and she is very much adored in return.

Comments & Techniques:
This layout troubled me at first because I could see it in my mind, but had a difficult time bringing it to reality as it is not really my ‘usual’ style. I was inspired to create the journaling within an outlined letter (a jumbo monogram) after seeing a Moen ad recently that had a similar treatment to the ‘M’. I edged the ‘K’ with teal paint to help it stand out further against the white background and the ‘v’ of the ‘K’ directs the eye to my daughter mouth open in joy and laughter. The black rub ons create a visual triangle. The layout edge is the decorative edge on the teal paper (the black is the background on which I took the photo).

:LAYOUT: 'K'SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend