Monday, May 12, 2008

A update on a little bit of everything...

I've been a little silent on the everyday life side of things lately...not because nothings been going on, that's for sure.

Things have been a little crazy at work and at home lately which doesn't leave a whole lot of time for anything else.

FAMILY:
When my grandma passed, that derailed me for a bit, I think. It just took me a while to get back in the groove of life.

Two Sundays ago, we had an auction at my Grandparent's house. This had already been planned before Grandma passed and it had to get done. Although I didn't help out much Saturday, we were there bright and early on Sunday to get everything moved out of the house and prepared for the sale.

My family snatched up quite a few sentimental items during the sale.

Some happy news is that my sister and her fiance are buying my Grandparent's house here in town. They are already both working here and have been commuting every day, so it was about time that they found something here. It will be very nice to have them so close!

KAITLIN:
Kaitlin's spring soccer season has been less than eventful. Although the season started about a month ago, all she's been to so far is one practice! She missed the first game due to Grandma's funeral and every scheduled game since then has been rained out!!

She has a game rescheduled for tomorrow, so we're hoping that the weather holds out.

I think that she is ready for school to be done for the year...not that she doesn't like school, but she is excited for all the summer activities that she is signed up for: Safety Town (a safety class for children) in June; evening storytime at the local library, dance class, and theatre lessons in July; and swimming lessons in August.

It's going to be a busy summer.

Not to mention that my baby is going to turn 6 in just 4 short weeks...I'm not going to talk about how that makes me feel right now.

WORK:
Work has really been picking up speed as it always does this time of year for me. This is the time frame that my adult learners really start thinking about attending school or transferring for the fall term, so apps are starting to pic up and the work is piling up a little.

SCRAPPING:
I actually broke my new year's resolution for the first time two weeks ago when I didn't even get one layout completed that week. But, I jumping right back and hopefully can keep my crafting momentum going from here on out.

The 2008-2009 MemoryWorks catalog is finished and I should have the print catalogs in my mailbox in the next few weeks. I've seen the new product lines and they are gorgeous! I am so thrilled with the new manufacturers that they've added to their offering this year - adding over 20 more pages to the catalog!!

I can't wait for the home parties that will be coming up for that. It's going to be tons of fun! If you're a local and interested in having a home party and earning some FREE scrapbooking supplies, be sure to drop me a line.

RTEC also got good reviews of my Scrapbooking for Beginners course that wrapped up a few weeks ago and are happy to host me for any other classes that I might like to teach, so that is great news also. I have a few ideas, but need some time to flesh them out a bit more.

MOTHER'S DAY:
A belated wish, but I hope that all the mothers out there had a great day. I got to do a little scrapping, visit my mom and mom-in-law briefly, watch 'The Brave One' (a very good movie, by the way) and play a few rousing rounds of Wahoo! with Justin and Kaitlin. I'll have to tell you a little more about this game sometime...it's a family tradition for Justin's family.
A update on a little bit of everything...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend