Sunday, May 25, 2008

A little comedy...

Kaitlin was at Grandma & Grandpa Paulson's for a couple days, so Justin and I actually got to go out yesterday. This is a rare invent for sure...like Haley's Comet! :-)

Sioux Falls was our destination for the day. We made it up there around lunchtime and Justin humored me while I did some scrapbook shopping at Hobby Lobby and Michael's. I then humored him during his pawn shop visits...he's always on the look out for some 'treasure'.

Not too long ago, I got an email stating that I had won four tickets to Nitwits, a comedy club in Sioux Falls. Initially, I didn't think that we were going to be able to take advantage of them, but when the grandparents offered to keep Kaitlin longer, I thought we'd better take advantage of the opportunity to get out and actually do something together. We invited our friends Bill & Susan out to the show as well to fill the other two seats and it was great to see them...it's been too long.

The main two comedians were Joe Tyler and Jimmie Roulette. Both guys were great...I haven't laughed that hard for that long in quite a while. They also have some darn good Bloody Mary's there, so I'm sure that helped, too! :-)

Afterwards we walked over to a nearby Applebee's for dessert and a little visiting. It was good to catch up a little.

Before we headed home we stopped over at Bill's cousins house who was babysitting and we got to see Bill & Susan's 3-week old boy for the first time who is just adorable and their little girl who just turned three and is growing up so fast.

Today we slept in a bit and Rahn & Ruth brought Kaitlin home mid-morning. She had a ton of fun, but I think she had missed us a little too and was ready to be home.

We weren't too ambitious today...just some picking up, minor cleaning and grocery shopping, but it's stuff that needed to be done.

Tomorrow it looks like we will be heading out for a Memorial Day picnic with my family...looking forward to it. I just hope the weather cooperates.
A little comedy...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend