Friday, March 7, 2008

Still alive...

Yes, I am still alive. It's been one crazy week. I think this is the longest period between posts in a LONG time. So, here's an update:

KAITLIN

Kaitlin had practice for Beauty and the Beast every night this week. The earliest that I had her home and in bed was 10:30 p.m.! Needless to say, I've had one tired little girl this week.

On Wednesday, Kaitlin's teacher emailed me to say that she fell asleep immediately during quiet time (around noon - remember, she's NOT a napper) and she ended up sleeping until 3:15 p.m...right through activity station time which is the loudest part of the day! Mrs. Moser and her children have all been in play productions before, so she understood that perhaps on that one day, sleep was more important. :-) Gotta love great teachers!!

Beauty and the Beast opened last night. It was a sold out show and it was wonderful!! It was so awesome to see it all 'put together'. Kaitlin did a great job - I couldn't stop beaming during her three little scenes!! Six more shows to go...Kaitlin is super excited for the other family and friends that are coming to the upcoming performances. (For those friends and family members, be sure to talk to me ahead of time so I can tell you exactly when and where to watch for her.

I have the day off because there was no school today. It is 10:15 a.m. I still haven't heard one peep from Kaitlin's room. She's usually up by no later than 8:00 a.m. 'Nuff said.

ME

I told you about my exciting news last Friday. Well, I got EVEN MORE exciting news on Wednesday this week. I had a layout picked up by Creating Keepsakes for their July 2008 Seasonal Solutions column!! I am super excited because this is the first time I have had anything picked up by CK!!

I met with a friend of mine for lunch this week who is now the director at a tech educational center where I live, and discussed some teaching opportunities for me in the coming months. In April, I'm going to be teaching a three-night scrapbooking 101 course...FUN! They've also been getting requests from the professional community to offer a business & technical writing course, and with my background in education and English, he thought of me, so it looks like I might be teaching that in July.

I was recently asked to do a scrapbooking presentation for the staff at the college where I work (there is a committee that tries to offer fun/educational presentations to the staff a couple times of year) and that took place yesterday. I used a mini-version of the presentation I plan to use for my Scrapbooking 101 class and it went well. I got lots of positive feedback and ideas for topics to add into the course.

I also signed on to be a Junior Achievement volunteer this week. I will be teaching a six-session course to an 8th grade Social Studies class at Catholic school here in town. I am both a little nervous and excited about this. This will happen in April, so I'm sure I'll have more to say about that as it nears.

Well, that's about it. On my agenda for today??

Well, my external hard drive arrived in the mail earlier this week, so I will be dealing with this issue for a good portion of the day, I'm betting.

Wish me luck!!
Still alive...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend