Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Posting from my couch...

while watching AI. That's right...here I am making my first post via my new wireless laptop which arrived today! I am loving it already.

I got a Linksys router with Speedbooster and that was the part I was most nervous about being able to get set up and working right.

It only took me about an hour and a half to get the setup done and that included a run to Walmart for a surge strip. Not too bad considering I didn't really know what I was doing.

The BEST part? The connection on our existing computer (a 7 year old Dell desktop) is faster, too! This will make the hubby very happy as well.

I do have some software to install, but that should be simple enough (wait...better find some wood to knock on)...have done that before. I could have gotten it preinstalled, but I got what I wanted MUCH cheaper by buying it separately. I got Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 because I wanted Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

I also upgraded to Photoshop Elements 6 from PSE4. I know I haven't used PSE4 to its full potential because it was always SO SLOW on my old computer and I would just get frustrated with it a lot of the time. I have heard that PSE6 is better and hopefully will run more smoothly on this baby.

Well, off to do some more exploring...until next time!
Posting from my couch...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend