Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Out of town...

for a conference for the next couple of days and missing my little monkey already tonight.

When I was packing my bag last night, Kaitlin brought in one of her little stuffed animals - a little blue bunny - and put it in my suitcase.

"Here Mommy...sleep with my blue bunny while you are gone 'cause I know you're gonna miss me."

Awww...how right you are little one.

And when I dropped her off at school this morning and told her to be good and keep Daddy out of trouble (she's pretty good at this actually), she said, "Remember the bunny, Mommy."

So, the bunny's on the pillow next to me...

Anyway, the town my conference happens to be in is the same town where my little brother goes to college, so I gave him a call on the way up and invited him out to dinner.

We went to Applebee's and being the good little Catholics that we are on Ash Wednesday, we both had fish. (Aren't you proud of use, Mom?) I had this:


Honey Grilled Salmon...that was the first time I've ever had salmon and I really like it...will be eating more of that, I think. Mmmmm.

I don't get to spend too much time with my little brother these days, so it was nice to catch up. He filled me in on his job, school and his unending pursuit of girls...oh, brother! :-) He always knows how to make me laugh.

As it is in most college towns, Thursday night is bar night and he wants me to go out with him and his friends tomorrow night...I don't know about that...I'm pretty sure I couldn't have kept up with him even when I was his age!

Although, I have to say that it's kind of sweet that he actually wants me to come out with him and isn't embarrassed to be seen with his older (old) sister! :-)

Out of town...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend