Monday, February 11, 2008

More snow blowing in...

It's been snowing and blowing since about Noon today and with the temperature teetering right around the 0 degree mark, it's just not very nice. There is continued snow forcasted through 6 a.m. tomorrow morning. Hmmm...snow day?? If only I should be so lucky! Neither the College nor the local school district here is known for doling out snow days easily.

Anyway, we've been really busy despite the cold.

I got back from my conference late Friday afternoon and barely got to spend any time with Kaitlin before I had to wisk her off to play practice.

There's less than a month to go before opening night so practices are really starting to pick up. She had practice Friday, Saturday, Sunday and again tonight...and they're all 3-4 hours long.

Kaitlin is really loving it though. This is how the weekends go when we are together all day:

Kaitlin (shortly after waking up): "Mom, do I have practice today?"

Me: "Yes, sweetie."

And nearly every half hour or so for the rest of the day until practice starts (usually around 4 p.m.) she will say, "Mom...remember I have practice today." or "Is it time to go to practice yet?".

Yah, she's lovin' it!

On Saturday, I spent a good portion of the day finalizing my laptop research...and I finally made the purchase!! Whoohoo! I have been wanting to do this for a long time and finially have enough saved up to comfortably make the purchase.

After much deliberation (part of me REALLY wanted to get a mac), I finally decided to go with a Dell. Our desktop is a Dell and I have to say that she's been good to me...despite getting unbearably slow in her old age (8 years...I know, amazing she's even still running). And I'm sure the facts that she wasn't really built for what I use her for today and she's holding thousands and thousands of digital photos taken in the last few years doesn't help either.


So, I was sure to build my new one to handle it...more memory...a bigger, faster hard drive...I am soooo excited.

Once it arrives, I'll clean some of my stuff off our desktop and give her a break...which will hopefully help her speed back up again a little. Then Justin and I won't have to fight over who gets to use the computer anymore either...another bonus!

Sunday was a scrapping day...got THREE layouts done. I'm up to October of last year now. I'm closing in...slowly but surely.
More snow blowing in...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend