Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Finally Some Pictures...Strategic Air & Space Museum

I finally had a chance to go through some of the pictures from our weekend in Omaha. These are a few of my favorites from the Strategic Air & Space Museum in Ashland, NE.

Justin liked this place as he is always interested in anything that has an engine, but it was at about this point (picture #1) that he made out what was behind the impressive glass windows and he got REALLY excited...

...so much so that I even remember what is it...a SR-71 Blackbird. He's never seen one of these IRL...only on one of those History or Discovery channel shows. I know you can't see it very well in the picture, but he's grinning! Do you see him?

This is a photo of an emblem on the outside of the building.

This flag was inside the museum hanging on the wall of one of the huge airplane hangers. It was created with 686 hand-painted, fabric squares created by children and seniors in the Omaha area. Each square was based on the topic, "What America means to me."

A couple more shots I really liked:

Finally Some Pictures...Strategic Air & Space MuseumSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend