Sunday, August 26, 2007

SSFS #29 - Top 5 Favorite Flickr Friends

For this Sunday Spur for Scrapbookers, we're focusing on inspiration for improving your photography for use in your scrapbook pages. I have recently discovered the joy of Flickr...I am already amazed at the quantity and quality of the photos there. It has been a great source of inspiration for me in my own photography. Here are my top 5 favorite Flickr friends right now:

#1 - *Pretty in Pink* - She lives in Montana (in other words...beautiful scenery) and has the cutest little girl. These two facts in conjunction with her stellar skills as a photographer make for some GREAT photos. I go to her often for inspiration for photos of my own daughter...

#2 - toddlertoes - Her real name is Heleen and she lives in Europe. Again, great skills. Seems to primarily shoot toddlers and nature type shots and I LOVE the creative angels she uses.

#3 - princess poses - From her profile: "I am a SAHM and RN with a love of capturing my children's everyday moments. They on the other hand are not always so fond of it. Now that my princesses are getting a little older it is allowing me some time to focus on what I like to do. Photographer is one of them. I love being able to take photos for family and friends just to see them enjoying the moments captured in their life."

#4 - Wynona R - A photographer from Salt Lake City, Utah who has an amazing talent for unique composition and lighting! Her photography business website has more great examples of her work.

#5 - NicholeVan - Gorgeous use of lighting...in her profile, she states that she owns no professional lighting and uses only natural lighting - AMAZING. I am also in love with her use and fascination for rustic/grungy/vintage locations for her photos...so 'moody'. From her profile: "Ok, so obviously I'm obsessed with faces, minimalism and my own kids. I love simplicity. Clean, crisp lines that allow you to focus on one idea, one person." Her professional photography site has oodles of breathtaking photo samples.

I would love to be able to post some of their pictures here, but don't want to infringe on any copyrights...so, I guess you'll just have to visit their Flickr pages to see how wonderful they are. Of course, my favorites mainly involve photos of people, especially children, but there are photographs and photographers of EVERY kind on Flickr, amateur and professional.

YOUR CHALLENGE(S) THIS WEEK:
*If you're ahead of me (which I suspect many of you are) and have already discovered the joy of Flickr, share 5 of YOUR favorite Flickr friends with us in the comments here or with a link to your own blog.
*If you haven't yet discovered the joy of Flickr, head over there NOW and create your own account, upload a few photos to share, and start building your favorite Flickr friends list.
*If you'd like to visit my Flickr page while you're at it and offer some praise and/or constructive criticism, that would be great, too!
SSFS #29 - Top 5 Favorite Flickr FriendsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend