Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A Sad Day...

Today, my 92 year-old grandmother, had a stroke this morning.

I went to visit her after work today while the rest of my family was there and it was very strange to see her that way. She has always been relatively healthy and always a hard working woman. We don't know much yet really and the doctors say that there isn't much they can do other that give her aspirin. At this point, she is not able to communicate, but is able to move the left side of her body.

This day has me thinking about a visit that I had with my grandparents and my aunt several months ago and just collected some memories and old photos for our family history. I'm glad that I took that time.

She gave everyone's hand a tight squeeze tonight before we left the hospital and we all just praying for the best.
A Sad Day...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend