Friday, August 17, 2007

Looking Forward to Riverboat Days

I'm thankful to be at the end of one very busy work week. This time of year is always pretty hectic in the Admissions Office at MMC, so I'm really looking forward to taking some time off from responsibilities and enjoying the festivities with this weekend's Riverboat Days here in Yankton!

It begins with fireworks tonight...hoping they don't get rained out. It started raining pretty heavily just as I was leaving work, but it seems to have tapered off pretty quickly. Hopefully that's the end of it.

Tomorrow morning I'm helping with the Mount Marty hosted 5K Walk/Run and as soon as that's over, I'll be finding my sister and Kaitlin along the parade route.

The rest of the weekend, I hope to enjoy the crafts, food and music down at Riverside Park. Brule/AIRO is going to be here again...so glad they keep coming back! I love listening to them...and Shane's not bad on the eyes either! :-) Here's a couple pics from last year:



AIRO is Shane's band (his father's band is Brule.



Kaitlin likes listening to them, too. We've went and listened to them for at least a little while every year since she was born. I'm sure that Kaitlin will have a great time, too! One of her highlights last year was getting this butterfly painted on her face:

Hopefully, I'll have some new fun photos to share after the weekend is over.
Looking Forward to Riverboat DaysSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend