Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Me? A Memory Makers Master? One Can Dream...

So, I did it...I sent in my submission for the 2008 Memory Makers Masters Contest...one real layout following the theme of "I wish" and color copies of four of my other favorite recent layouts.

Even though I have been submitting my layouts to magazines for about a year now, this is the first time that I have every submitted my work for this type of competition. It was kind of a last-minute decision, too, but decided to just go for it and got my package postmarked on the last possible day.

Honestly, I can't say that I have too high of hopes for actually being chosen (although, Memory Makers Master Choosers, I would be extremely grateful and jumping-up-and-down, screaming-at-the-top-of-my lungs excited and would work very hard to inspire your readers to be worthy of such a huge honor) considering there will be only 10 Masters chosen and 10 runner-ups out of the hundreds (maybe thousands) of submissions they have received.

At the same time, I feel a certain level of gratification for just having put myself out there, so to speak. After all, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I am definitely proud of the layouts I submitted and hope that they like them, too. Sorry that I cannot share them here, but it is a requirement they be 'unseen'.

We won't have to wait to long to see who is chosen. According to MM, they will be announcing the winners on their website on August 22, 2007.
Me? A Memory Makers Master? One Can Dream...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend