Friday, June 1, 2007

Chris Daughtry at the Sioux Empire Fair, My Becky Fleck Page Maps Debute and a Kaitlin Witticism

I actually have quite a lot to cover tonight, so here it goes:

#1 - I love my sister. Yes, I do! My sister Lynnie, with all of her awesome workplace connections, emailed me today that she got FREE TICKETS for us to Chris Daughtry's concert at the Sioux Empire Fair in Sioux Falls, SD on August 9th. I am so pumped!! I haven't been to a concert since I was in college (we won't discuss how long ago that was) and now I'm going to TWO of them (post about the other one) in August!! For your listening pleasure, click play to hear Daughtry's "Home."



Chris_Daughtry - H...

#2 - The June edition of Becky Fleck's PageMaps came out today. Why is this a big deal (to me anyway), you might ask? Well, because I have a layout featured in it and Becky Fleck is my FAVORITE scrapbook layout sketch artist...LOVE this woman's work. Here was the sketch assignment I received in late April:
And this is the layout I created which was inspired by it:

It was so much fun and I am so honored to have been asked by her to contribute!! I hope that the invitation will not be the last. You definitely need to head on over to PageMaps and check out Becky's extensive archive of GREAT sketches and also see some of the other talented artists included in the June addition.

#3 - Kaitlin surely is a source of fun and laughter in our household. In fact, I don't think I know anyone that can amuse me like she can.

Last night, we were watching TV and a commercial for Pantene Pro-V came on with these model with long, luxurious, shiny hair. Kaitlin said, "Mommy, you should get that shampoo. It would make your hair prettier." (Like, obviously all it takes is the right shampoo to have hair like the models on TV...right?)

"Don't you like my hair?" I asked.

"No, not really..."

I furrowed my brow, stuck out my bottom lip a bit and feigned hurt feelings. Kaitlin's eyes got big...she realized her blunder and immediately went into damage control mode.

"Oh, I like the yellow parts, Mommy," she said and I begin to smile. "But not really the brown parts," she continued. Uh oh...we're backtracking here - down went my brows.

"But I have brown parts, too, Mom, and I don't like my brown parts either. I just like my yellow parts like I like your yellow parts, Mom..."

I was still frowning.

Kaitlin sighed and said, "I love you, Mommy," with the sweetest little smile.

I couldn't help but laugh at her. Now, if only my hubby could learn how to dig himself out his holes that well!!
Chris Daughtry at the Sioux Empire Fair, My Becky Fleck Page Maps Debute and a Kaitlin WitticismSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend