Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday Spur for Scrapbookers Meme #8 - Favorite Quotes

This week's edition is all about quotes. Journaling is a key componant of scrapbooking, but we're all at a loss for words from time to time, so why not 'borrow' them from someone else who inpires us?

Your challenges:
#1 - Share your three favorite quotes at this time.
#2 - Share your favorite online resource for finding great quotes.
and, #3, should you choose to accept it - Create a layout using one of the quotes listed above.

Please don't forget to leave you responses in a comment box here and/or a link back to your own online journal where your answers lie.

Have a creative week!

My three favorite quotes:
#1 - "I am aware that I am less than some people prefer me to be. But most people are unaware that I am so much more than what they see." Douglas Pagels
#2 - “Draw a circle, not a heart, around the one you love because a heart can break but a circle goes on forever.” Unknown
#3 - "It takes courage to grown up and become who you really are." e.e. cummings

My favorite quote webiste:
The Quote Garden

My quote layout:
Quote (#2 above): “Draw a circle, not a heart, around the one you love because a heart can break but a circle goes on forever.” Unknown

Supplies:
Cardstock - Bazzill
Patterned Paper, Ribbon & Rub on - Basic Grey
Ink - Rubber Stampede
Fonts - Susie's Hand, Journaling Hand

Journaling (hidden on tag behind photo):
Yes, I have loved...my family, my husband, my friends. Yet somehow, I don't feel that I ever knew the depths which love could reach until the day that you entered my life. Darling daughter, you are my heart...you have touched the center of my soul. Nothing could break the bonds of love that I feel for you. It will go on and on forever...even when all I can do is look down on you from Heaven.

Comments/Techniques:
The main word of the title was highlighted by handcutting the letters, matting them and elevating the two overlapping letters (l & v) with dementional dots. A circle photo mat was used to correspond with the content of the title quote.
Sunday Spur for Scrapbookers Meme #8 - Favorite QuotesSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend