Sunday, March 4, 2007

Sunday Spur for Scrapbookers Meme #7 - Using Sketches for Scrapbooking

I have never been a huge sketch user. When I was primarily a 2-page layout scrapper, I was a big fan of Becky Higgins, but since switching to primarily one-page layout, my sketch usage has wained a bit. HOWEVER, sketches are a hugely useful tool to scrappers and sometimes when I'm just 'stuck', they can really help me get going again.

Right now, Becky Fleck is one of my favorite 'sketch artists' and lucky for you and me, she has a website featuring her sketches with updates every month called PageMaps.

Your challenge this week, is to visit the PageMaps link above, choose one of the new March PageMaps and use it to create a new layout...maybe one that you've been struggling with or putting off because you weren't quite sure how to go about it. Please leave a comment here linking to the post in your online journal showing your sketch choice and created layout.

MY CHOSEN FEBRUARY SKETCH:

MY INTERPRETATION OF THE LAYOUT:


You'll notice that I flipped the sketch. Otherwise, Kaitlin would have been facing 'off the page' in the main photo. That's the great thing about sketches...nothing is set in stone. They can be flipped, rotated...whatever.

Supplies:
Cardstock – DCWV
Patterned Paper – KI Memories
Letter
Stickers - Doodlebug
Snowflakes – Heidi Swapp
Brads – Making
Memories
Ink – VersaColor

Sunday Spur for Scrapbookers Meme #7 - Using Sketches for ScrapbookingSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend