Wednesday, January 3, 2007

My first published layouts!

The holidays are over...somehow it seemed to come and go for me so quickly this year. I couldn't bring myself to take down the tree yet, but will have to do it soon I know.

I had about 10 days off from work which was wonderful, but that too went sooo quickly. Didn't get nearly as much 'done' as I had hoped. I thought about doing more house cleaning, but that's just no fun. I did do a little scrapping...here are the layouts I did manage to complete.

I did struggle with these Halloween ones a little, but I didn't want to just skip the pictures as they were cute and had a good story, but they certainly aren't my favorites as far as design and color are concerned...they can't all be favorites though, I suppose!















HOWEVER, I am really happy with how these two turned out...I had taken some pictures of Kaitlin outside in the backyard with the leaves back in early November and finally got them scraped. I actually used greeting cards as photo mats in both layouts. I always hate to see beautiful cards just go in the trash and these were just perfect for the layouts.


I also completed this layout - FINALLY!! It was a picture I took back in September that I just LOVED - I think I was afraid I wouldn't do it justice, but I think it did turn out well.

Christmas was fun with Kaitlin this year...really enjoy celebrating her Santa fantasy!! She wrote the cutest letter to Santa at preschool and it was printed in the local newspaper. The main item requested was a toy Rudolph...and Santa brought her TWO stuffed reindeer...she was quite please.

Definitely the MOST exciting thing for me personally that happened over the break was that I received my layouts back from Memory Makers and 2 comp. copies of the Celebrations Gallery Special Issue. The issue should hit newsstands in a week or two. I was sooo gratifying to see my pages in print for the first time!! Hopefully, it won't be the last; however, it has been so busy lately, I haven't submitted any pages for quite some time...I definitely need to get back at that!

It was back to work yesterday...the day went pretty quickly, thank goodness. It is going to be a busy couple of weeks before the start of the spring term. I hope to register at least five more students, but seem to keep running into roadblocks with student issues...hopefully, we can get them resolved in time. There are always new challenges with this job, that's for sure.

Until next time...
My first published layouts!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend