Monday, April 16, 2007

A birthday celebration and Easter #2

Steve, Kristi and the boys came down for a 'second Easter' on Saturday and also to celebrate Alex's fourth birthday with us. It is so hard to believe that he could be four years old already! He is talking so much more and better...and is such a 'lovey' little boy. Just a sweetheart!

He definitely gets the 'funny' award for the day. When Kaitlin and I first arrived, he came running up to me and asked, "Are you my cousin?"

"No, I'm your Aunt," I said.

"Cool. Is she your cousin?" He was gesturing towards my sister, Lynn.

"No, she's my sister."

"Cool. Is she my cousin?" This time he pointed at Kaitlin.

Finally, he got one right! "Yes, she's your cousin."

All he said was "Cool." and off he ran. I think "Cool." must be his favorite word right now!!

It was a great day. The weather was absolutely wonderful and the kids got to enjoy a huge outdoor Easter egg hunt. We put out A LOT of eggs and I think they were actually pretty tired by the time they found them all. Here are some pictures. Just click on the pic to advance to the next picture.




Dad brought out the four wheeler after the hunt and Jamison, Alex and Kaitlin all got several turns. They had a lot of fun together that day!


As you can see, I also had some fun playing with a few of these photos in my editing software. I think they look pretty cool in sepia tone. I really like to shots of Kaitlin with my Dad's 'Frontier Mills' hat on! How cute!

On Sunday, Kaitlin & I went to church and out to lunch with Mom & Dad and then went home and we all did some cleaning up during the afternoon. The house was a pit. At about 5 p.m., we'd all had enough, so Justin & I sat down to watch some movies.

We watched "The Departed" first and although it was a good movie, I'm glad Kaitlin decided she wanted to play in her room for a good while because the language was awful. If it wouldn't have been for that, I would have said it was a great movie.

After that we watched "Goal" - a movie about a young illegal immigrant living in Los Angeles that travels to England to pursue his dream of playing competitive soccer (or 'football' as they call it there). That was actually a VERY good movie. I liked it a lot...

And then came Monday and it was back to work...
A birthday celebration and Easter #2SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend